Teach First, in partnership with TSSW, is offering all Secondary NQTs the opportunity to take up the Teach First ‘Early Career Framework’ Programme in 2020-2021.
The main features of the offer are:
- Premium quality programme: Teach First is a leading national training provider which has developed a premium ECF programme for NQTs and NQT+1 through a team of leading expert national advisers
- Blended learning approach: The programme combines self-directed study through a state-of-the-art learning platform, group seminars and instructional coaching with the in-school Mentor; the approach is not reliant on NQTs going off-site, which in the COVID-19 recovery phase will maximise time spent in lessons.
- Builds high impact mentoring: NQT mentor will receive training and support to hone instructional coaching skills. Mentors will have full access to the ECF learning platform, so they can track and support NQT progress.
- Free programme with unlimited places: the DfE are rolling out early the ECF in response to COVID 19 to strengthen support for NQTs who would have had a shortened teacher training year. All aspects of training for NQTs and Mentors are free. Cover costs and travel expenses will also be significantly reduced.
- Combining strong local expertise: TSSW will play a key partnership role in delivery. Early career leads from TSSW will be trained to deliver the Teach First programme, including the webinars for NQTs and Mentors and as well as Mentor Group Sessions. This enables us to combine strong local expertise with a premium national programme.
Please book your places by Friday 10th July 2020.
|Multiple Date Event
Two Rivers Institute is pleased to be able to offer a full range of NQT Induction and Programme Services to local schools.
The appointment of an Appropriate Body (AB) is a statutory requirement for the induction period of NQTs and an NQT cannot start their induction until their Appropriate Body has been agreed. As an AB, TRI will undertake the necessary verification and administrative processes on your behalf.
This will include:
- Registering the NQT with ourselves and the Teaching Regulation Agency
- Maintaining records and assessment reports
- Making the final decision as to whether or not the NQT’s performance against the Teaching Standards is satisfactory, drawing on the recommendations of the Headteacher/Principal
- Notifying the Teaching Regulation Agency of the decision
- Providing a named contact and advice line for support and guidance
NQT Induction Services
In addition to TRI’s role acting as an Appropriate Body to undertake the verification of NQT induction assessments, TRI is able to support schools by providing access to a full range of services to ensure that all NQTs are successfully inducted into the teaching profession.
This can include but is not limited to:
- Training for NQT mentors in Summer Term of AY1920 to ensure the mentors are fully prepared to support their NQTs in AY2021
- Programme of professional themes seminars aimed specifically at NQTs
- Lesson observations with developmental feedback (written and verbal) against the teaching standards
- Coaching sessions
|Multiple Date Event